Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Chaos

There is no other word for the present situation. We are signing the promesse de vente on Friday and are busy getting together all the papers we will need for that while frantically scanning the real estate websites to find something to buy and arranging visits. Oh- and also cancelling our vacay because we seriously will not be able to disappear for 2 weeks while simultaneously packing up our house and moving into a rental. BUT as soon as all that is done, B better be ready to fork out whatever it takes for us to spend 2 relaxing weeks in the sun. It will be worth every penny. I think I am going to need that so I can keep my eye fixed firmly on the light at the end of the tunnel.

I also have to point out that contrary to my predictions, B did in fact have a glass of champagne with me that night after we finished finalizing the details of the sale with the agent. He still wasn't bouncing off the walls with excitement, and I did point this out to him. He said that he was just feeling find of sad about the idea of leaving our place, since we were so happy here and this is where Ella has grown up (so far.) Oooh. What a big softie. So then I started getting sad and we've both been moping around ever since then, thinking that we'll never find a place that we like as well.

Then Tuesday morning, I found out that yet more friends are moving away from Paris for good. I woke up this morning at 6 am and thought about the difference between this time last year and now- I was having a brilliant time, going out on a regular basis, with a fantastic group of friends and now I am going to be practically back to zero. Abandoned and alone. And moving out of my neighborhood is the icing on the cake. Here, I know lots of people and have lovely neighbors and a wonderful concierge. I know all the other mommies at garderie and we talk in the street and the shops when we pass one another. All my doctors are in this neighborhood now. I know all the shopkeepers and they greet me by name. It makes me depressed to think about how lonely its going to be in our new place. This is just the worst time for people to be moving away. They are so inconsiderate.

On a positive note, my love affair with Leonor Greyl hair products continues. I bought some Huile de Palme the other day since my sister uses it and her hair always looks lovely afterwards. It is fantastic. My hair is gorgeous and soft and shiny. So its not all doom and gloom around here, I guess. Must look on the positive side. Life is falling apart but hair is shiny. And the universe balances the scale once more.

1 comment:

sallywrites said...

Brilliant that it's all happening. Hope you meet some new friends soon!

Sally