Thursday, April 19, 2007

I was a miserable miserable slob all day yesterday. Thank god Ella was at garderie in the afternoon but I had a ton of errands to do so no rest for the wicked, as they say. I what I needed was an afternoon at the spa getting a facial and a massage. Why oh why do those places always require an appointment, as if I can predict when I am going to be feeling sad and miserable a week ahead of time.

Thankfully, I heard from my mom and my grandfather is doing just fine after his surgery. Can you imagine, 86 years old, 5 by-passes, and so far not a single problem. I am absolutely amazed. Since the rehab is the most difficult part, I'm thinking that I might like to go for a quick visit at the end of May/beginning of June since B won't be free for a holiday with us until mid-August.

So that was the good news, and the bad news I got yesterday was that the second masters program that I had wanted to apply had a deadline of April 11th for applications. Shit. I wanted to get my first application totally done before looking at other programs because really, this is the one that would be the best for me. I only mailed off the final paperwork yesterday afternoon. Oh well. Hopefully, I will get into that program and be able to afford it and then it will make absolutely no difference about all the others. I think I might go light a candle in church, just to be on the safe side.

No comments: