Wednesday, May 19, 2010


The sun was out this morning and rather than leave the curtains shut while we ate breakfast and wandered around in our pyjamas (remember that we have an enormous building full of fonctionaires/gov't workers across the street from us so everyone spends their day staring out the window and watching us like its some kind of low budget cable tv show), I pulled them wide open. I think that the girls were enjoying the sun as much as me because they dragged their toys over to a patch of sunlight and sat down to play. I couldn't resist grabbing my camera and taking a few shots. I love the way sun makes halos out of their hair.

I mentioned that my cameras are both getting a bit old and beat up so I went with B to look at buying a new on Saturday. Naturally, they didn't have the one that I had wanted to buy (the Nikon D3000) and they guy running the stand seemed to not know a whole lot more then me about the other models so I didn't get very far in making a decision. After about 20 minutes of picking up different models to try out in my hand, and studying the info cards, I was getting frustrated. I asked B if it wouldn't be just as easy to 'Eeny-Meeny- Miney-Mo' it. Even if I spent days researching the different cameras, is my decision actually going to be that much better than just choosing at random? I'm not convinced it would be. I definitely want to pick one out before we go on holiday but I don't know when I will get a chance. Thats really the problem I saw with walking out of the store with nothing- I don't have the time to be running back and forth to the shops. So, basically, if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear from you.

I had plans to go out to St Cloud this afternoon to see my SIL and her twin daughers who are a few months older than Georgia but I am putting it off a week. Georgia was up at 5 am, shouting on and off for more than an hour. I am praying that this is just her teeth coming in and not a return to her bad habits. I haven't mentioned it often enough here, but she has really sorted out her sleep schedule these last few weeks. Generally, she drops off to sleep at 8 pm and doesn't make a sound til 6 (barring any sleep talking that she sleeps through. Wish I could, but at the first squeak, my stomach knots up and my eyes fly open. Ah, mommy-insomnia. ). We've gotten quite cocky and started staying up past 10:30 and making plans to go out more than once a week. I know, crazy stuff, right? Well, I should have known it was too good to be true. Well, naps for everyone this afternoon, I guess.

Tonight I have tickets to the ballet to see La Bayadere and I am so excited but I hope that we all have enough energy. Wish me luck- on top of everything else, I don't have seats together for me and Ella so I am busy trying to figure out how I am going to work this out...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: