Tuesday, April 06, 2010
But there were good things too, so let me make a list to remind myself to not be so whiny:
1. I downloaded The Blind Side on to my laptop and we LOVED it. It was a good film and it made you think and it made me grateful for what I’ve got. I suppose more to the point, it made me feel that rather than worrying about my ‘career’ I should be more worried about what exactly I’m doing to make the world a better place.
2. The girls looked adorable in their Easter dresses and I got some great shots.
3. The Easter egg hunt was a big hit and so were the baskets.
4. My MIL liked the coffee cups! (but she sent the mugs home with me. I’ll never figure this woman out.)
5. It was nice to be out of the city and the apartment to enjoy a bit of space and fresh air.
6. We ate one fantastic meal after another and I didn’t have to cook a single one. Heaven.
And actually, if I’m honest, it does feel good to finally stand up and tell off someone who has been asking for it for ages because he finally steps so far over the line. I would love to tell the whole story here, but I am going to give it a bit more of a think first. I appreciate family harmony as much as the next guy- hey, probably even more because I have a huge family that spends lots and lots of time together. I will never understand people who find it easier to go out of their way to be jerks, rather than just be nice. I’m always telling the girls, ‘Just, be nice.’ Maybe that’s not such a trite thing to say. Its actually great advice. You don’t have to knock yourself out doing amazing things or being brilliantly entertaining. Just, be nice and people will like to have you around. It is that simple.