Thursday, September 20, 2007

Successful mother-daughter shopping

I am totally exhausted but satisfied because after 2 days and 6 boutiques, Ella has finally found shoes that she is happy with. They cost a fortune, natch, but as they say, Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Anyways, photos to come. And the cherry on top of it all? She very willing wore that adorable blue pin-striped jacket from Jacadi all day long, the one she HATED only days ago; she was so cute, with her little baggy jeans and pony tails, that every time she had a bit of a tantrum and I was trying to show some tough love, little old ladies would stop and start clucking over her.

So I am off to a dinner with the girls, over at Vin des Pyrenees on rue Beautrellis. Should be fun- although I would have preferred to go to la Tete Ailleurs on the same street. I should just be glad that someone managed to organize us all. It always seems like we talk about doing stuff like this but it never happens. Speaking of which, before I leave the house, I'll have to ask B to organize a babysitter for this weekend.

I am actually wearing the wide belt from Gerard Darel right now so I guess I'll keep it. B said it looked good and hopefully I'll find more things to wear it with. I also managed a quick dash through the women's section at LBM while Ella polished off a container of apple slices. Really loved the stuff at Sandro and Claudie Pierlot in particular. I found tons of little dresses I love but it seems so silly for winter- unless I stock up on thick stockings. Hmmm.

Which reminds me, just ready an article this weekend claiming that knee socks are the must have item for every woman for this winter. Really? I just have a hard time imagining myself (or most of my friends) being able to pull that off without looking like a hooker. Although, if I could manage that look, it might be the solution of what to wear with all these dresses.

By the way, have I mentioned how much I love the mineral powder that I bought in my MAC shopping spreewhen I was back in the States. Now that the retinol and AHA's have my skinny looking so glowy and perfect, it is just the thing. And if I put it well in the morning, I don't have to touch my face all day. Amazing. Must pop back into a MAC store one of these days to replace the lipstick that I picked out that day. When I was in the airport on way back to France, I stopped in the bathroom to touch up my makeup and change Ella only to be totally distracted when I realized that Ella was having a violent allergic reaction to the juice she had just finished off (it was the Red Machine from Naked Juice. I can only think that it must have been the pomegranate?). I ended up leaving my bag of make-up in the sink. God, like I always say, kids aren't expensive for the obvious reasons. Its things like this that make them pricey hobbies.

No comments: